Physical failure Hard Disk Drive Data Recovery
A hard drive can fail in many ways, caused by various reasons. Most common failure modes, listed in as:-
Logic board (controller) failures.
- Broken power/data connectors (requires fine soldering).
- Spindle/arm driver chip failure (requires replacement of either a logic board, or a chip; additional repairs may be needed depending on the true cause of the problem).
- Head block pre-amplification failure (platter box must be opened).
- Head crash.
- Spindle bearing seizure or spindle motor failure.
- (requires special software and sometimes special connection arrangement).
When you come in or send us your drive, we will immediately perform a free diagnoses, explain the problem to you and give you an accurate price quote.